10.11.2005

Emotional vomit

Ever have one of those days or series of days where everything bad builds up in your mind? All your stresses and all the things that have pissed you off or hurt your feelings all seem magnified?

I was having one of those times 2 weeks ago. R and I were fighting about semi-serious stuff, but how the fights came about were stupid BS. But it all boiled over and we yelled at each other, then talked and talked and talked, then made up.

And now that I look back on what we were fighting about... there were some things that were bothering me for months and now that they are in the open, they don't even register emotion anymore.

It's like when you are really drunk or sick and feel like you need to puke and you know you'll feel better, but don't look forward to the act of puking itself. But then after you puke, you really DO feel better.

This is exactly the way this felt... it needed to be done, but I really didn't look forward to it.
But now that it IS done, I feel sooooo much better.

So I am coining a new phrase:

Emotional vomit.

No comments: