6.07.2006

Shake your groove thang, baby!

My bellydance class is having its hafla (student performance) next Saturday. I'm very excited about my first performance (as an adult. I used to bellydance with my mom's troupe when I was a kid).

But somehow, this hafla has morphed from a student performance into a gala show with THIRTY-FIVE performances that will last 3 1/2 hours.

Then all the performers are suposed to go out to a local restaurant/bar afterward, still in performance makeup and rhinestones, covered in glitter.

The othe male customers are either going to:

A. Think they died and went to heaven

or

B. Died and went to hell, surrounded by drag queens.

8 comments:

Nikki said...

Have a great time and shake your shimmy!

Charlie said...

Pick B.: That way you'll get a primo liquor swilling seat.

Sven said...

I'm with MJ.

Nikki said...

PS - don't let anything fall off! Clothing or otherwise!

Nikki said...

Well.... How'd it go?

Virenda said...

LMAO. Well you look hot so maybe they will think your like the Pussycat Dolls. I mean the rest are manly but one of em is hot.

It'll be so much fun. Take pictures.

Misha said...

The performance is this weekend. We've had practice almost every night for the past week and dress rehearsal is tomorrow.

I'm exhausted!

And my groove thang is about to fall off. LOL

Mika said...

How long have you been dancing? I bellydance too, and I just started a blog for bellydancers. If you would like to be part of a group blog for bellydance let me know, I would love to have you! :)