9.25.2006

Dance Dance Revolution

Thanks for all the b-day wishes, my bloggy babes! I <3 you!

**********************
What is it about Fall that makes me want to bake? I have totally restocked my baking goodies and in the last week I've made Apricot-Pecan Cinnamon Rolls (sooo yummy that they were nummy), chocolate cupcakes, and banana nut bread (with apricots and cranberries). I am munching on the banana nut bread now with a cup of joe. Mmmmmmmmmm

***********************

Started American Tribal Style (ATS) bellydance classes this weekend. I have been fascinated by that style since I saw my first FatChanceBellyDance video about 8 years ago. Here is a perfect comparison of Cabaret and Tribal written by my bestest bud Trelina:

"The movements are more-or-less the same, the arms and posture are more proud and stiff than in Cabaret but, that's not the difficult part. Here's the thing, in Cabaret, the movements tend to be smaller and faster. In Tribal, they're a bit bigger but... its muuuuch slower -"Snakey" is the word that comes to mind."

Couldn't have said it better myself. :) BUT... the slower movements require more stamina and muscle control. My shoulders were burning by the end of class, but it was soooooo cool. I'm almost finished making a fringe belt and am planning on making a coin bra for a tribal costume.

*watch Misha rub her greedy little costuming paws together*

Wheeeeeeeee!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I fully expect to see pictures of this costume as it comes to life!

Nikki said...

Oh yeah, gotta see the costume.

Christina_the_wench said...

I third the photos request. I envy anyone who sews.

Misha said...

Ya'll are a bunch of demanding beeyotches, you know that? Jeez!

Ok, ok...I'll post photos.

Besides, I have a costume in progress that I want to show you, plus a full costume that I bought that I'll show you as well. I might even be wearing that one. So you can see my glaring white skin and flab. Joy. :)

Christina_the_wench said...

LOL @ ::lunasea

She could use some Nair too.

Anonymous said...

I'm joining you fro lunasea's blog- I'd love to try belly dancing! How fun!

Misha said...

Welcome Kristen!

Bellydancing is definitely fun - and great exercise! :)

Christina_the_wench said...

Good god why do you need a jock strap? You got something to tell us, "woman"?

If you don't stop smacking me around, I'm going public with those photos! I mean it!

Nikki said...

*wails*

It was a joke! I'm sooo misunderstood. ...and,and , and, even if I did wear a jock strap, couldn't you just accept me for me????

*sobs and blows nose in christina's shirt*

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday! I was gone, so I am just starting to catch up now.

Love ya!