11.23.2005

Giving thanks

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays - mainly because it isn't a "you must buy these gifts or you're a failure" commercial bullshit holiday. It's a time for friends and family to gather together and enjoy each other's company.

I know this time of year is the cause of alot of family drama for alot of people... but fortunately I'm not one of them. I've been lucky in the fact that my family (immediate and extended) has always gotten along famously and always treasured the few times during the year when we COULD actually get together and catch up. I haven't seen most of my extended family in a loooong time - 6 years, I think. I miss them.

I'm thankful for so many things, big and small. Mostly:

having healthy, happy children (who are crazy but I love them anyway)
having someone to share my life with that loves me as much as I love him (and provides other perks)
having a family that loves and supports each other (spread to the four-winds, but still there)
having friends that love and support each other (my extended family)
having a good job that provides for things for me and my family (where I can sneak in a blog entry here and there)
having a warm house and plenty of food to eat (if I'm not too lazy to cook it, otherwise, takeout is a godsend)

Happy Thanksgiving, y'all. I hope you are as blessed as I am.

1 comment:

cmhl said...

have a good thanksgiving!!