11.01.2005

Trick or Treat

My company carries Starbucks and Folgers brands of coffee.

I am all for strong coffee and lots of caffeine, so I go for the Starbucks, but I'll drink Folgers in a pinch, but really... it's a distant second. My whole cream and Equal ratio gets messed up with the weak ass Folgers crap, so why even bother?

So I go in to the kitchen at work to make coffee on Friday and after I put a pot of Starbuck Breakfast Blend on to brew, I stand around and wait for it so I can have the first delicious cup.

As I am waiting, I pick up the Starbucks bag and lovingly gaze at the designs in the back ground and look at the logo (love that mermaid!) and re-read the type of coffee... and do a double-take.

Its DECAF!!

To my growing horror, I realize that IT'S ALL DECAF! Bags and bags and bags of Starbucks and IT'S ALL DECAF!!

The only caffeinated coffee we have is Folgers!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I found out today (after discovering that our CAFFEINATED Starbucks has been resupplied) that we will no longer be ordering Starbucks coffee anymore because it's $3 a bag and half of it gets poured down the drain.

Ah... fate is a cruel, cruel mistress.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yikes! That's all kinds of F*#$ed up!!! I sounds to me like its time to get yourself one of those little one or two cup coffe makers for your desk.

...mmm...Starbucks....