11.30.2005

Mercurial musings

Like most American females, I like to read my horoscope. Also, like most American females, I only pay attention to it if it seems to fit me, but blow it off when it doesn't.

I think the horoscope gods and godesses are teaching me a lesson. (This is going to make me sound like a loon, but fuck it - I don't care what you all think anyway. kidding)

Here is a portion of my horoscope (Virgo), according to Susan Miller.

Mercury will be retrograde from November 14 to December 3, always a difficult phase for you, for Mercury rules your sign. That means you tend to feel Mercury's movements more directly than most signs. Mercury is troublesome for shopping the whole time during its retrograde phase, for this planet rules commerce. It also rules shipping, transportation, writing, editing, speaking, negotiating, and doing research and contracts, to name a few areas.

I've had several minor things go wrong and one major thing. What is that major thing?

I have OVER ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS missing from my checking account. Just in time for Christmas!

Oh... I know where it is ( it was an accounting mistake made by my car insurance company that is being fixed as we speak...) but it has taken two weeks for them to get this sorted out.

First they said they would automatically deposit it back in my account and it would show up in 2 or 3 days. When 2 days passed, I called them back. They said they had cut a paper check instead.

So I waited for it to come in the mail.

And waited and waited.

So yesterday rolled around, and still no check. So I called them again. They said the first check had been cancelled and they sent a second check. No idea why. Ok. But I still didn't have the check. I told them I would wait one more day for it to come in the mail.

Today is the day.

So what happens? I get a phone call 5 minutes ago telling me that they went ahead and AUTOMATICALLY redeposited it on MONDAY and it should show up today or tomorrow. So when I get the paper check, it needs to be destroyed.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!

Mercury, next time, I like kisses and lube before I get anally screwed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know, I think for such a mess as this, we need dessert and coffe. I'll pay, that way nothing bad should happen. Perhaps a hug as well.