1.09.2006

Macabre Monday

R called me this morning on his way home from work to inform me that traffic is completely fucked up because I-95 Northbound is shut down because of a major accident, so approximately 1 million people are trying to find alternate routes to work, so all local roads were backed up, too.

Greeeeaaaaat.

I decided to stay home and wait it out, so I left 40 minutes later than I normally do. Miraculously, I didn't hit super-heavy traffic (it was slow, but moving), so I was able to get Lauren to school and Ashlyn to daycare with no major problems.

Then I tried to make my way to work. What normally takes me 7 minutes took me 35 minutes this morning, and on the way there, I saw yet another fire truck going to the scene of the accident - which happened FOUR HOURS BEFORE I LEFT THE HOUSE.

I finally got to work and logged in to my desktop PC and brought up the news to see just what the hell happened.

This was no normal car accident.

It was a body.

Police don't yet know if it was a pedestrian trying to cross or if someone was pushed from a car or if it was a dead body dumped on the road, but the body was subsequently hit and torn to pieces by several vehicles - they can't even identify the sex yet because police cadets (poor kids!) are still gathering evidence (i.e., pieces).

Eww, eww, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwww.

For the body's sake, I hope they were already dead.

No comments: