5.08.2006

Be vewy vewy quiet... we're hunting the puwple faiwie!

I'm tired and grouchy today because I got no sleep and got into an argument with R this morning. Add to that, it is Monday and chilly and raining. And to top it all off, my internet connection was down at home ALL WEEKEND LONG and is STILL down.

Excuse me while I foam at the mouth for a while.

*drool snort howl convulse drool*

Ok, that's a little better. On with the story.

*********************

Many a child has wondered.. what do fairies do? I found out this weekend.

Fairies traipse thru the woods. Tra la la la


Fairies chase bubbles (while Fairie Mama runs around them snapping pictures).


Fairies plop down in the middle of a field to swill lemonade and fairie punch and devour french fries and blooming onions that will result in very stinky fairie poots later that evening that make little fairies giggle while holding their noses.

Fairie mamas also inhale frozen mochas and welcome the brain freeze because a caffeine rush is so desperately needed.

Kind strangers take pictures of fairies while they are still and disheveled, yet unsuspecting (well, sort of).


Lastly little fairies get disappointed (while Fairie Mama is highly annoyed) when they can't find the purple fairie with big wings to give them a prize that was promised to them at the entrance gate by fairie employees. Grr.

And lo, what is this group holding signs next to the entrance after a quarter mile walk from the parking fields? Why, it's right wing religious zealot muggles protesting a Fairie Festival! Huzzah! What's that you say, kind sir? That I'm going to hell if my young daughters and I play dress up for a while? That is very rude, kind sir, to try to scare my children. And I tell you as much and make you feel ashamed, as you should have. Double Grr.

And little do you know, you would get your comeuppance later that day, for when we left, I spied that you had stepped into a magical fairy ring... of hostile adult fairies and police.

Twinkle twinke, baby.

6 comments:

Nikki said...

Really great pics Misha!

Your kids look so cute and their grins were just about to split their faces.

It just kills me that protesters were there - probably the same idiots that protest Harry Potter books.

I'm sorry about the fight with R. Hubby has been in a mood lately and I feel one coming on and I really don't want to hear it.

That's terrible of me I suppose but like you said, the day is already crappy, why add to it?

Misha said...

Thanks, Nikki. The girls loved it.

The fight with R is over now, but that's NOT something I want to deal with first thing in the morning.

Good luck with your hubby. Hopefully, no fight will transpire.

Supafab said...

The first photo you posted should be entered in a contest.. it's so great!
It's kind like Harry Potterish or Lord of the Rings...

Charlie said...

Why, it's right wing religious zealot muggles protesting a Fairie Festival!

Jesu Christi on a crutch, is nothing NOT sacred these days? I believe this is the same group who protest Martha's and my Rite of Spring festival we celebrate in the privacy of our back yard.

At least the girls had fun, and that's what really counts.

Trouble said...

I love it that you did this. It's so cool, and your girls will have so many good memories. :) What a cool mom.

Anne Johnson said...

Oh, I wish I had seen you there! You and your girls are fab! Right Wing muggles (good term) are wonderful teaching tools for pagans. My daughter (age 12) said they make druidism look better and better!

You and R ought to investigate the Midsummer Night Faerie Ball in Berkeley Springs. It's a hop and a skip from DC. You can use the Berkeley Springs link at my site to find out about it.

We at "The Gods Are Bored" welcome your patronage! Be sure to leave that lovely photo on your comments, so Geezer Anne will know she appeals to the Smart Set.