5.16.2006

Dear Mama

My extended Mother's Day:

Monday, May 8th: my Brownie troop gave me a peace plant and a card. Awwww.

Friday: The girls gave me cards and a necklace and flowers - that they made a couple hours earlier. They couldn't wait until Sunday.

Saturday: R took us all out to dinner.

Sunday: I woke up to Lauren declaring that they had let me sleep in for 2 hours and 23 minutes (it was 9:23 am) and that it was time to get up and eat the breakfast they made for me:



(read: a paper plate with Reeces Puff Cereal on one half and and Strawberry Frosted Mini-wheats on the other with a cold left-over pig in a blanket plopped in the middle with a glass of milk) YUMMY! Then they stood there and watched while I choked down a few Reeces Puffs and said, "MMMMMMMMMMMMM! This is so good! Thank you SOOOOOOOO much!" They were so pleased with themselves. It was so cute. Ashlyn asked me for the rest of the day if I had eaten all of it and I said of course I had! (ahem)

I am totally dreading losing my sweet, eager-to-please little girls to teen angst.

Our original plan was to have a picnic outside (we usually do on Mother's Day) after Lauren's soccer game, but the ex got the soccer fields confused and by the time we figured out where we were supposed to be, it was raining. So we trekked back home and had a picnic on the living room floor instead with sandwiches and chips and cookies and fresh roses from the only bush I haven't killed with my Black Thumb of Doom. Plants beware!

Speaking of plants, I sent my own mom a gardenia bush for Mother's Day - it's her favorite.

I realize I haven't written much about my mom on here, except a few mentions here and there. Sometimes I don't know what to say about her. I think I will leave my thoughts on her to a forthcoming post.

I hope Trouble, Nikki, Cinn, Virenda, Lena and CMHL had a happy Mom's Day!

6 comments:

Charlie said...

I am totally dreading losing my sweet, eager-to-please little girls to teen angst.

Not yet, Misha, not yet. You still have a few scrumptious breakfasts to revel in.

And it's quite obvious they love their mom.

Nikki said...

God! Don't you just love being a mom?

(Not including when they vomit on you)

Misha said...

Adm.: Thanks. They're still my minions for a few more years.

Nikki: I know, I just want to squeeze them until they pop. Even with the puking. Fortunately, they both know to run to the toilet now. But for a while there, they didn't recognize the "puking is imminent" sensation.

Them: Mama... I don't feel good. *while climbing onto my lap*
Me: Oh sweetie, what's wro... *cuddling and kissing forehead*
Them: blaaaaaaaaaargh *projectile vommitting all over me then bursting into tears*
Me: .......

Always so pleasant.

Lena said...

Sounds like MY kind of Mommy Day. Since I'm on WW, that breakfast was the best looking feast I've seen in a week.

Really.

Glad you had a great one! And so did I...thanks for asking. ;)

Trouble said...

Awww, that's so sweet. I haven't lost my daughter yet (she's 12). Hopefully, even if I do, it won't be for long.

Thanks for the wishes, and hope you had a great mother's day. Sounds like you did.

cmhl said...

awww, thank you! I hope you had a good one too!