7.08.2005

Okay, Mrs. Bossy! :)

A request has been made to update my blog more frequently so as to keep my friends amused thru-out the workday.

My answer to this is... if only I were that loquacious and clever, I could rule the world! Like President Bush! (No wait a minute... ) Like Al Gore! (No... not him either.) President Clinton? (Yeah, I think he would work. He talked his ass out of many many things.)

Anway, I really do try to update when I can, but don't for the following reasons:

- My panda is trapped by the zookeeper (as compared to the kitty being trapped by the zookeeper... TOTALLY different game, and I don't know if I would refer to my honey as a zookeeper because that alludes to me being a zoo or jungle or something, which, I can assure you is not the case hygiene wise. Tiger in the bedroom ala My Big Fat Greek Wedding... maybe!)

- I have to pretend like I am actually working because someone walked behind my desk

- I am tired of posting stupid quiz results (I am a quiz snob and find very few of them to be original or funny)

- I just can't handle the pressure from my adoring public! All 6 of you! Like Britney Spears! (Minus the greaseball husband and bun in the oven).

- I can think of absolutely ZERO clever things to say (unless it's Friday - I am always in a good and, therefore, blabbermouth mood on Friday. And today is your lucky day, BEEYOTCHES!!)

No, my real answer is... read OTHER people's blogs besides mine. There is a PLETHORA of highly entertaining blogs out there - I've linked to a few on the right (Kristy in San Fran is HIGHLY funny for all the females out there). The good news: you feel like you know someone, when you really don't know them from Adam (or Eve). The bad news is: the blog author will think you are a creepy lurker if you don't leave comments to acknowledge their existance. So LEAVE COMMENTS, people! Blog authors love comments! It makes us feel special. :)

Ya know some people have even gotten book deals from their blogs?! If only...

*********************

Update on Anysoldier.com:

I emailed the webmaster (and father of the soldier who started the site) and he said thanks for the support, and the number one thing they need is to get the word out.

(Side bar: I read my email AFTER I hit send and realized I had made a few egregious typos and even tho the email was thoughtful and well written syntax-wise, the guy must think I am an idiot because it looks like I can't spell or that English is not my first language. Which it is. I mean, I'm a writer, for chrissake! I hate that.)

So I then emailed the morning shows of three local radio stations (Mix 106.5, Mix 107.3 and Z104) directed them to the www.anysoldier.com website and asked them to please do a PSA on them, since they are non-profit and locally run.

Hopefully they will check out the site and be as moved by it as I am and say something on air and attract more traffic to the site. I have even added their banner on the right there - Freedom isn't free... just ask any soldier.

Yes, Drill Sergeant!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the info. I think I'm going to make a girly package for some female soldiers, the little body sprays, cosmo magazine, a couple of dvds. This site is awesome, I've wanted to do something, but I haven't searched for a site, and didn't really know where to start.
Thanks again!