8.05.2005

Friday I'm in love....

Yes, I am in love. I am in love with a chick leaving my job, because today we are having a farewell breakfast with fresh fruit, orange juice, coffee and Krispy Kreme donuts! YAY! Oh, and I love my boyfriend, my daughters, my family and my friends too, of course. But they are secondary to my Krispy Kreme and coffee orgasmic bliss right now. I'll think about them later.

**********************

I actually don't feel guilty blogging at work right now because I am LOCKED OUT of the network drive where my documents are stored. Why? I have no friggin' clue. It was fine yesterday, and my co-worker is able to access the drive today, but not me. So I will blog and read other blogs and read the news until my IT problem is solved by the IT guy who is never at his desk. Gee, what a shame.

I'm leaving work a couple hours early today anyway because both my girls have an eye check up.

***********************

Speaking of an eye check up, my oldest daughter has the same condition in her left eye, amblyopia, that I do. She has to wear glasses and a patch for a couple hours a day when she is at home to force her brain to use her left eye correctly. So far, she has taken the news in stride, because she thinks it's cool to wear glasses like her mom. But we shall see when she starts third grade.

My youngest daughter has an eye appointment today too. I always find these kinda funny on young kids because they can't READ an eye chart. The doctors try to use symbols on eye charts for young children, but that is hit or miss, too. So her appointment ought to be interesting.

When I was little, I HATED my glasses. I've had them since I was old enough to wear them, so for about 30 1/2 years. I hid my glasses in trees, I buried them, and once I even hid them in the neighbor's dog house. My poor mother could be seen walking around the housing complex on Ft Bragg, me in tow, about once a week asking "Do you remember if you played here? Did you take them off here?" And I would feign innocence and pretend that I had honestly lost my glasses and had no earthly idea where they were, when I secretly knew they were stuck in some tree. Of couse, by that time, I really didn't have a clue which tree they were in anymore.

This is when I perfected my "who... me?!?!" expression of indignation and incredulity.

It has served me well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Worst. Cure song. Ever.

Misha said...

Hey, I never said it was my fave. It just has "Friday" in it, so shut yer piehole.

And yes, I know you're response...
mmmmm... pie! :)