8.02.2005

Little things I like and dislike about men

Like a lot of women, I love lists. I make to do lists, bill lists, party lists, decorating lists... you name it.

So here is a list of things little things I find attractive, or not, in men:

Quirky Ons:
Facial hair, especially a nice goatee.
Hair on the chest and on the belly.
Nice ass, especially in jeans.
Tight legs.
Broad shoulders.
Short hair.
Men in uniform - i.e., military, cops, and firemen.
A guy who dances even though he knows he stinks at it but has a good time anyway.
Bedhead.
Banter and wit.
Intelligence.
Acknowledging that I am just as smart or smarter than he is.
Drinking a beer from the bottle.
Nice fingernails - doesn't have to be a manicure, just short and clean.
Someone who will shake my hand and look me in the eye like I’m an equal, not just a chick.
Manners.
Bald or shaved head, especially with a goatee.
Good cook.
Tattoos.
Deep voices.
Musky, spicy cologne.
Accents.
Worldly.
Open minded.
Says my name. A lot.
Tells me they are impressed by something I do or know and means it. Not saying it to just try and get in my pants.
Thinks about what I want in bed.

Quirky offs:
Guys who have long fingernails. (ouch!)
Bad skin.
Floral or soapy cologne.
Too much cologne.
Insincere compliments.
Treating me like I’m fragile or stupid.
Talking to me like I couldn’t possibly understand what you’re discussing.
Chain smoking. (Smoking while drinking is ok)
Being late without a phone call.
Dominating the conversation.
Telling me I shouldn’t curse so much because I’m a girl. (Fuck you!)
Telling me what to do, period.
Being too concerned about how he looks or what he’s wearing.
Patting my back or shoulders during hugs or affection - I feel like I'm being dismissed.
Unkempt hair.
Dirty hands.
No table manners.
Ignorance.
Close-mindedness.
Religious zealot.
Wears shirts with holes and stains out.

Ideas courtesy of Great Googly Moogly and Andie Pandie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Being too concerned about how he looks or what he’s wearing


Humm... who does that sound like